Wednesday 15 July 2015

LATEST SCOOP ON BILLIONAIRE FEMI OTEDOLA'S DAUGHTER, DJ CUPPY


Education has never stopped me from chasing my dream —DJ Cuppy 


Announces 8-nation music tour Debunks rumours of dating tour manager


Young and ambitious female Disk Jocky, DJ Cuppy has made an announcement to go on an eight-African nation music tour in four weeks. The tour which is tagged DJ Cuppy takes Africa, will begin from her home country Nigeria and it is set to be the pet project of her team.

Speaking at a press conference in Lagos, the tourism ambassador  brought to the fore the inspiration behind the idea. “The tour has always been a dream of mine, apart from being an advocate of Nigeria, it’s also important that this new generation was also representing Africa. There is such a spotlight on our continent and I think that a project like this not only remind many people who we are, but also reminds us of how connected we are as  Africans, being a female Disk Jockey and a tourism ambassador, I feel that it is so important to come up with innovative projects and ambitious ones.
When asked how she was going to handle cross-cultural ideas she said, “for me, it’s all about productivity. Although people generalize Africa, each country is so unique in its own way. Rather, I’m looking forward to discovering new tour sites, meeting new people with an open mind, and we would be working with over eight nations, namely Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and Nigeria.
“Also, As a female DJ with a fantastic team with such a positive synergy, it’s about connecting with people and helping people, though I’m in the middle of a master’s degree programme in New York, education being of high value to me has never stopped me from chasing my dreams, so I think it’s so important to use my brand and every power I have to inspire young women to follow their dreams, and get educated too,” she added.
Assuring people of her kind not to unearth their dreams, the daughter of billionaire, Femi Otedola revealed: “The reason I feel so confident at 22 is because I have the knowledge and power and the experience of education has allowed me to learn about myself and my generation. I feel that as young people, we need to take what is ours, and apart from that we need to look out and learn from each other.”
Thanking her brand supporters, Guarantee Trust Bank and the Dangote Foundation, Cuppy affirmed: “The GTB is such an amazing brand to work with as they are always ready to work support the new generation and the Dangote Foundation, which is the largest philanthropic foundation in Africa as well I take my brand seriously and I think we are all ready to take Africa.
Adding suspense to what people should expect from the tour, DJ Cuppy stated that she did not intend revealing too much, it’s a unique one I wanted to do, something more ambitious, by challenging myself to make an impact. I think there are so many Djs in Nigeria and I will love to see more female DJ’s and make an impact.
Interestingly, there had been rumours of the Dj dating her present tour manager, Asa Asika, but she denied any of such, saying they were unfounded rumours “Asa and I have known each other for more than 10 years, even before we started dating. Asa and I have come a long way and is such an inspiration to me, I could not do this tour without a tour manager that knows his onions and is very ambitious, between both of us, we have the commonality of being fighters, it could be good and bad, but we have come together to put together a great show. Thus we are not dating and we have not dated before.
Source: Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment